After the stress of the last two days, today felt easy. It was almost like they gave us softball questions. Overall, I don't think I did too badly. I had an answer for every question - even if I had to boldly assert my made up rule law on occasion :)
I won't offer any words of advice on the test itself - those will come after I find out if I passed! My tips to future Ohio bar takers are:
- take some kind of cushion - you'll spend 2 1/2 days sitting on a metal folding chair and by the middle of the second day your back will be screaming at you.
- make sure you can stand to use your ink pen for three hours at a stretch if you're handwriting.
- definitely dress in layers - the room has the potential to be freezing cold, especially if it's raining outside and you're wet.
- work on developing your bladder of steel - there are only three restrooms for 1200 people. The lines at the restroom right before the start of a testing session are extremely long.
- if you feel the need to socialize, arrange to stay at the same hotel as your friends
- make a pact with your friends not to discuss the test
- you're going to be too tired to study on Tuesday and Wednesday nights
- there is nothing to eat in the vicinity of the hotels so you're stuck with the hotel restaurant unless you bring snacks of your own.
- there's no point in rushing toward the doors after the test - if you're in the back of the room like I was there's going to be a bottleneck by the time you get to the exits and you're not going to get out of the parking lot anytime soon anyway.